Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Gluten-free broccoli-cabbage-millet bowl


I have made this colorful nourishing bowl today for lunch. Hmmmmm, it was tasting amazing :) If you prepare this recipe, please use a good quality tahini, as some of them can be very bitter. I didn't know this, until a friend of mine Vanessa explained to me, that not all Tahinis are the same. I trust her, because she is really an expert ;) So I bought a different brand, and wow, I discovered a whole new world of taste :) Thank you Vanessa :):)

So here is the recipe, which serves 3-4 people.

What will you need
- 1 1/2 cup dried millet
- 500 grams broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 head of smaller red cabbage
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds 
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper
 
For the dressing: 
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Tahini (high quality)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbs Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)


  1. Cook the millet according to instructions on the package. I add as well my mom's vegetable broth, which gives it an even finer taste.
  2. In a saucepan heat the coconut oil on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent. 
  3. Add the broccoli, cabbage and chickpeas and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
  4. Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl combine all ingredients for the dressing. 
  5. Add the dressing to the saucepan with vegetable mix and cook for more 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
  6. Add the cooked millet and combine well.
  7. Serve hot and sprinkle with sesame seeds 
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment