Thursday, July 10, 2014

Lili's raw-Bounty bites



When I was a kid I used to love the Bounty chocolate bars (I loved them as an adult too :). I would always go for the coconut desserts, up until the time I started to read the labels. I found out, that my favourite chocolate bar is emmm...quite far from being a healthy snack for me. Good thing is, there is always a healthier variation to the original one:) 

So here we go, I've created a raw Bounty chocolate bar, super healthy, only using pure, fresh, raw ingredients. As usual, with a good food processor this dessert is quick and satisfies all Bounty and non-Bounty lovers ;)
What will you need:
Coconut filling
- 130g coconut shred
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 big Medjool dates
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil

Chocolate coating
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 heaping tsp raw cocoa
- 1 tbsp date syrup (or maple syrup)
- 10 grams of cocoa butter (optional)

Place all ingredients for the coconut filling into the food processor and mix until a sticky paste is formed. Fill in baking forms or praline forms with the paste. I used praline forms to create different shapes, but you can simply make balls out of the coconut filling, or use any shapes you like :) Place the filling into the freezer to set for about an hour.  

Meanwhile, bring some water to boil in a smaller pot. Put the coconut oil and cocoa butter into a plate and place it on the top of the pot. Wait until they melt in the heat of the water vapor. Mix in the cocoa and the date syrup.  

Prepare a baking sheet (or paper towel) and place a rack on top. The paper is important, so the excess chocolate doesn't dribble on your cupboard :). Take the coconut pralines out from the forms and marinade each of them in the chocolate coating for a few seconds. Place them on the rack. When done, put the raw-Bounty bites to the fridge until the chocolate hardens. Repeat the marinading until achieving a thicker chocolate coating. FYI: I only made one layer of coating, because I couldn't wait longer to eat these yummi coconut bites :D


Serve and enjoy your healthy bites :)

PS: Don't forget to share with your loved ones ...if you manage to leave them some leftovers;P

No comments:

Post a Comment